Among the things I do:
- $30 for a complete system cleanout w/ backupClick link above for details
- I make housecallsTo help with getting online, setting up the printer, or just to pick up (if you have trouble getting out)
- Free Diagnostic($10 if you choose not to have me fix the problem -- usually only charge folks who seem to be going into business for themselves...)
- Laptop screen replacementMost screens cost less than $100 total (including shipping and labor.) Just call in with your laptop model number and I can give you a quote.
- Data RecoveryPictures, documents, music, old tax PDFs... these are usually more important to people than the machines themselves... So I take backup very seriously. I can save any data you require, usually even from formatted drives (which happens at the hands of many amateur "computer guys".)
- Virus removal...and for gosh sakes, if you get an FBI warning asking for money, give me a call first!.
- Answer lots of questionsI use my cell for busines and am more than happy to help you all I can over the phone... I don't feel a need to nickel-and-dime people for every little thing. If I help you out you will come back when you need some real work done :-)
- I can make Windows 8/10 work well for you, even without a touch screen!Win8 or 10 have you frustrated or confused? Drop by and bring your machne.... I can add a few things and show you some stuff that will make your transition much easier!
And if you are thinking of taking the plunge to a new machine with Windows 8, but are worried because you heard things... feel free to stop by and try it out. I have a demo machine in my workshop with WIN8 on it you can play around with...
My name is Paul Sherman.
I first learned programming on a UNIVAC (using FORTRAN) in 1979 and began repairing computers back in the early 90s (486 machines.) Since then I have cleaned/ installed/ repaired several thousand PCs. In recent years I have specialized in system cleaning, diagnostics and data backup/recovery.
The hardware-selling part of the business is not very profitable, and truth be told, if someone is selling you a computer cheaper than a store can, something is likely wrong with it or the software is "hot."
I am thorough, honest, inexpensive, and I make housecalls if you can't get away from your business or you have trouble getting about. My cellphone is (nearly) always with me, so feel free to call and ask questions. You also might want to give me a holler before dropping by with a machine, as I tend to wander out into the woods when the weather is nice...